Saturday, September 16, 2017

Management and Crew of the A.P.R.R.

As most of you know, a railroad operation is only as good as the people who make it happen. The A.P.R.R. is no different. 

While the layout started out as trains running, it evolved into an operations type model railroad and of course, with trains running when friends come over or when I’m working on the layout. I was guided by a great friend here in NJ, and I call him as NJ John. NJ John knows my railroad just as well as I do. He’s the one that straightened out my track plan and came up with Little Jamaica. NJ John has two yard nicknamed for him. Both are stub yards on the lower level. Many of you have seen the stub yards in my pics. Other guys from NJ helped me to tweak and fine tune the layout to get it where it is today. 

There’s another great friend and fellow model railroader, Sir John of GA. I met Sir John on a model train website back in 2012, and of course, in person at a pub in NYC for dinner and Atlanta for a train show for food and libations. Sir John has made great suggestions and is quite knowledgeable about many things Penn Central and model railroading. Sir John has my CSX Intermodal Yard named after him. Due to this one area being very modern, it does not appear in the P.C.C.M. sessions.

That being said, the A.P.R.R. is pleased to announce the guys who make my railroad run and their positions with the railroad. These positions apply both in person visits as well as in our virtual operation sessions. 

Sir John – Sir John is one of the first of the group and I’ve known him the longest. Prior to the VO sessions and these emails, he’s been involved with many aspects of the A.P.R.R. and is part of the Senior Management Team. Sir John is qualified on all areas of operations and management of the railroad. He is Sir Neal's 'GO TO' person, when issues need to be addressed on the railroad.

Engineer Ed – Engineer Ed has paid two visits to the A.P.R.R. and has run trains with great fanfare and success. I am pleased to announce that EE is our Senior Engineer of the A.P.R.R. and is qualified for all trackage and road power on the railroad. This includes all leased units. Crews not employed by the A.P.R.R. must be certified by EE.

Sir Larry of Flemington – Sir Larry has been to the A.P.R.R. many times and has been here with EE on both visits. While Sir Larry has not operated any trains, he has guided EE throughout his train moves, keeping a close watch to make sure all went smooth. I am pleased to announce that Sir Larry is our Senior Conductor on the A.P.R.R. and will make sure all conductors and brakemen qualify accordingly. 

PC Ralph – PC Ralph, thru our virtual operating sessions,  is one of our engineers in training. I’m sure as he works with EE or Sir John, he too, will qualify as an engineer on the railroad.

ATJOE – ATJOE, as he gets familiar with the A.P.R.R. can become a conductor while training under the watchful eye of Sir Larry.

John Bruce – A follower of the A.P.R.R. and tower operator on the N.Y.C.T.L. We welcome him as Tower Operator on the A.P.R.R as well. 

Welcome aboard!!

Sir Neal - President & COE (Chief of Everything)

5 comments:

  1. I'm honored to be recognized as a senior executive of the A.P.R.R. being qualified throughout the system and being considered the go to guy. My 1:1 self is quite envious of my 1:87th self today! I see the A.P.R.R. has assembled quite a crack staff and I look forward to working with each of them in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am honored being promoted to Senior Engineer on the A.P.R.R. I thought it would take me another 10-15 years experience to reach the Senior Engineer level. After looking at the list of prominent key players I think it safe to say this is definitely the A.P.R.R. Dream Team. My thanks to every one on the team for the friendship, banter and the ongoing extraordinary help. Thx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sir Neal! I'm proud to be part of the A.P.R.R. Team!

    ReplyDelete