Monday, October 30, 2017

TTX FREIGHT TRAIN

We had a great operating session this past Sunday. My senior operator on the railroad, NJ John, knows my railroad just as well as I do. After the session was over, he took out the TTX freight train for a run. This train consisted of a Kato SD90MAC engine in CEFX (leased unit) on the head with 17 TTX Hi-Cube Box cars plus a caboose. After he returned the train to staging, he made the comment that I needed make this a longer train. 

I knew I had some other TTX box cars stored away as well as some others on the layout. It turns out I had 9 of the 60' Gunderson freight cars in the same TTX logo. 4 were on the layout and 5 were still in boxes. 

Not to let a suggestion get away from me, I brought up the current TTX train from staging. Added the 9 box cars and then brought up from the engine terminal a Kato SD80MAC in CSX. 

Once the CSX engine had the 9 cars behind it, a quick move with both engines was made. CEFX was cut away from the other cars. CSX took its 9 cars and coupled up to the rest of the freight cars, then CEFX coupled to the front of the CSX.

Here's the video of the train running the railroad from the lower level heading up the helix, passing Rock Ridge freight yard, and then back down to staging.


Hope you enjoyed watching it as I enjoyed making it!

4 comments:

  1. Have enjoyed the past two videos of your runs. Very nice acquisition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very impressive train!!! Only 1:1 Sir Neal could take a suggestion like making the TTX train bigger and reach under his layout and add 9 more cars and an SD80MAC! Great video of the train on the helix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Sir Neal not enough trains........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sir Neal - it just doesn't get better than watching that train traverse the helix. It is awesome. Oh, it does get better, I watched it a 2nd time with my good friend Jameson by my side ! Nice job and thanks for taking the suggestion for this idea.

    ReplyDelete