Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 - YEAR END WRAP UP!

Greetings followers of the A.P.R.R.!

It's been a fun 2017 on the railroad.

First, I want to thank Sir John for pushing me to create the blog for the railroad! It helps in the P.C.C.M. movements and also to update my friends to follow my progress! Thank you Sir John!

Some other highlights include:

More participation in the Penn Central Car Movements created by John and his N.Y.C.T.L. and Ralph's KPD Railroad! I'm happy to participate in a 3 layout VO session!

Sir John and his Patti-O Paint shop outdid themselves with many great projects to enhance not only the A.P.R.R.but the cars that were shared with both Ralph and John!







There were so many coal cars painted by John they're all over the railroad!!

Ralph did a special run of freight cars for the KPD which are now on the A.P.R.R. as well...

Both John and Ralph have their work cut out for them in 2018 as the management of the A.P.R.R. sent both railroads freight cars to be painted in their private railroads and more...!

However, one of the best highlights for me was having 2 great train friends, Engineer Ed and Sir Larry of Flemington come over to visit my railroad and have a small operating session as well as meeting some of my NJ train buddies.



We let EE run some trains under the watchful eye of Sir Larry. It doesn't get any better guys and I thank both of you for coming. After the layout run we heading up the road to visit my friend Steve, along with his right hand guy Jay and later joined by my right hand guy NJ John. A great time was had by all, although I'm not sure if they both left with their sanity as Steve gave them the ultimate tour along with his very colorful and laughable comments!!

EE did send an HRC freight car for VO sessions; however it just arrived just before I left for sunny and warmer days. It will make an appearance on the A.P.R.R. early 2018. Thank you EE!

The goal for 2018 is to keep working on the A.P.R.R. Southern Division when I go down there, which will be often as the C.F.O. has retired and will be there thru mid-March. I'll go down every 2-3 weeks for a week or two as I'm still working. In addition, I need to get the A.P.R.R. ready for a layout tour in September hosted by the N.M.R.A. Northeast Region, which I am a member. 

Happy New Year to all and looking forward to a fun time in 2018. Remember, Model Railroading is Fun!!

4 comments:

  1. We had a great visit to the APRR and hope to wrangle another invite in 2018. The VO has really triggered a big increase in custom painted cars to traverse all 3 railroads. The APRR has the NYCTL and KP&W well represented. It was really nice seeing the APRR take a big role in the VO's this year. It all makes for a very entertaining story line. I have no doubt the ops will be even better in '18.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always envious of your gatherings! Looks like a lot of fun! Nice showcase of all the new rolling stock added this year! Best wishes for the A.P.R.R. Southern division in 2018!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done Sir Neal! Wow, we did turn out a lot of freight cars in 2017! AP North looking good and best wishes for the construction on AP South. Looking forward to the next P.C.C.M.s in 2018!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. APRR Southern Division is intriguing. Hope to see more!

    ReplyDelete