Monday, August 13, 2018

New Addition to the Layout

Greetings fellow model railroaders and followers of my blog!

As many of you know, I've been asked to participate in the NMRA/NER Convention Open House Layout Tour.

One of the guys in our train group offered to make and create some buildings for the railroad, if I wanted. I showed him the corner where Ideal Auto Parts is located. There's approximately an 18" open area that I was going to try and tackle. 

The space is to the left of this small flat..


I needed some type of building to be part of the area as I was thinking of loading docks for trucks since Ideal Auto Parts not only ships by rail, but on trucks for local customers. 

That being said, my friend George took it to task and he built this flat to enhance the area by Ideal Auto Parts. 

Here is what he created...


I added some trucks to the area, and now looks complete. All I need to do is to add the Ideal Logos which I hope to do within the next 30 days... 



I'm going to ask George to see if he can make one section to the left of the rail building to go right to the wall simulating one big building, hiding the bracket as well.

This came out great and I'm very happy with this entire area.

Thanks for checking it out!

3 comments:

  1. Nice job George!!!
    Corner is looking good. Vehicles and other details really bring it to life.
    Another nice addition to the APRR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new loading docks are excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great looking truck shipping building area. Your layout is coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete