Monday, April 8, 2019

New Additions To The Railroad

Greetings followers of the Atlantic Pacific Railroad and my blog!

The A.P.R.R. Purchasing Department has been on an expansion mode. Many of you know that management acquired the trackage rights to another railroad in Florida. This line was owned by the banks and the A.P.R.R. was able to secure the rights to the line, with some help from their legal department (you can figure out the rest). 

While the equipment hasn't been assigned, as of this writing they will remain on the property in New Jersey. 

Four engines were acquired and sent up to the Dedham, MA paint shops for repainting. 

Two Atlas GP38-2 engines were repainted into CSX YN3b scheme. I had them numbered according to the fallen flags website. 



Next up were two engines for the APRR. First engine was an Atlas RS-1 that I had. I wanted this numbered so it can run in tandem with #200 - Spirit Of Jay. 


Next engine was another GP38-2. I had it numbered #304 as when I had shipped out other engines to paint, I wasn't looking at the next road number to use, so I wound up skipping this number. 


He did a great job on them, and they run well.

Since my railroad is freelanced, I wanted to have some cabooses in CSX. Now the last time they had cabooses goes back quite a long time and most were painted in Y 'G' paint scheme, which is more of a gray color with yellow ends. I have a couple of them that Athearn did on the bay window cabooses. A request was made to be painted in YN3 and I sent him two Athearn Wide Vision cabooses that I had in my stock of goodies and sent them north. Here's what came back...



Okay, so there not prototype, but for me they're just fine and fit in quite well with the rest of my CSX YN3 locos.

Now my friend enjoys painting engines and freight cars for me to the point that he includes a little 'something' for the railroad. He went overboard this time....!


This caboose looks great and it will remain on the NJ layout. 

A great big thanks goes to my friend in MA for the excellent work he continues to do for me. It's greatly appreciated and everyone who sees his work at one of my operating sessions always comments on how great they look!

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Very nice additions! You have an excellent painter! I've always liked the A.P.R.R. scheme and the CSX units look great. The cabooses are pretty cool, completely prototypical or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always great to see the updates Neal. There's never a shortage of new equipment being added to the A.P.R.R. In a time when others are cutting back, the A.P.R.R continues to invest, and expand. Certainly shows a financial genius is at the controls!!
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. More nice additions Sir Neal!! The anonymous painter from Dedham MA once again provides you with excellent looking motive power and cabooses. All look great.

    ReplyDelete