Thursday, March 25, 2021

New Engines Arrive On The Railroad!!

 Greetings followers of the Atlantic Pacific Railroad!

It's been quite some time with an update, and it's a big one!

I've had 3 engines out for painting and they've finally returned! My painter Ted in Massachusetts did an outstanding job on these engines. First up are a pair of Atlas MP15DC engines. They were new on Ebay at a very good price. All of my switchers are in the 100 series. I have one MP15DC in road #105, so it made sense to continue with #106 & #107. 



In addition, I had sent Ted a Bachmann SD40-2. The road number on this engine was 3018 and I had him leave it with that road number. Its prior life was in Susquehanna livery. 



This engine came out great and as he told me via email, that the SD40-2 was one of his best paint jobs that he's done for me. He did state that it would look great in consist with another SD40-2. I'll have to see what I have as I would want to send him another Bachmann engine so they should run well together without having to speed match them, if that's possible given the decoder Bachmann uses....

So, without further commentary about them on the blog, here's a video of the engines with some additional comments...


Thanks for reading!


3 comments:

  1. Fine looking additions Sir Neal!!! The units look great and I think Ted is right about the SD40-2 having a mate. Remember Noah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sir John! I'm considering adding a sister engine to pair them up. Would look great on the intermodal train, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete