Monday, July 3, 2017

Virtual Operations

As a follow-up to my post about live operating session versus virtual operating sessions, the virtual sessions will be part of my model railroading life. 

I've been fortunate to meet some great friends through the hobby and one of them, John R. of Georgia, got me involved with the virtual operations of his fantastic layout, THE NEW YORK CENTRAL TRAIN LAYOUT 

http://newyorkcentrallayout.blogspot.com/

While I dabbled on occasion with John on these movements, it was hit or miss. I then tried a few more and John brought in another of his friends, Ralph in Minnesota or as he's known as PC Ralph. Here's a link to his fantastic layout, THE KINGS PORT DIVISION HO SCALE MODEL RAILROAD

http://kingsportdivision.blogspot.com/


While their layout is based in the Penn Central Era, a lot of my layout can pass for that time frame as well, thanks to some creative photography and placing trains at strategic locations. That being said, I've stepped up to the rail and will start to participate in the Penn Central Car Movements (P.C.C.M.) and will post all movements on my blog as they do.

Keep watching for my P.C.C.M. posts!




3 comments:

  1. Hi Sir Neal! Looking forward to the first blog posts on your portion of the Penn Central Car Movements! Have fun with the virtual ops!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really looking forward to A.P.P.R's partnership in the VO sessions. Part of the excitement is the prospect of seeing KP&W, A.P.P.R and John's new Empire Belt RR rolling stock crisscrossing their way across across the 3 railroads and access to the lucrative A.P.P.R. industries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright sir! Nice intro to the A.P.R.R.'s participation is this virtual ops thing. Glad to have you join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete